Westfield Senior High School is ranked 29th within New Jersey. Students have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement course work and exams. The AP® participation rate at Westfield Senior High School is 55 percent. The student body makeup is 52 percent male and 48 percent female.
There are 1,866 students enrolled at Westfield High School and 12:1 student teach ratio.
The district has a central kindergarten, six neighborhood elementary schools (grades 1-5), two middle schools (grades 6-8) divided by a “North Side / South Side” boundary, and one high school (grades 9-12). The schools in the district (with 2014-15 enrollment data from the National Center for Education Statistics) are:
- Lincoln School (grades PreK-K, 302 students)
- Audrey Zavetz, Principal
- Elementary schools
- Franklin Elementary School (1-5, 569; North)
- Eileen Cambria, Principal
- Jefferson Elementary School (1-5, 502; South)
- Susie Hung, Principal
- McKinley Elementary School (1-5, 344; South)
- Marc Biunno, Principal
- Tamaques Elementary School (1-5, 439; South)
- David Duelks, Principal
- Washington Elementary School (1-5, 330; North)
- Andrew Perry, Principal
- Wilson Elementary School (1-5, 385; North)
- Joseph Malanga, Principal
- Roosevelt Intermediate School (6-8, 731; North)
- Mary Asfendis, Principal
- Thomas Alva Edison Intermediate School (6-8, 808; South)
- Matthew Bolton, Principal
- High school
Public school students are also eligible to apply to attend the Union County Vocational Technical Schools, which include Union County Magnet High School, Union County Academy for Information Technology, Union County Academy for Allied Health Sciences, Union County Vocational Technical High School and Union County Academy for Performing Arts.