“The Bristol Estate” Magnificent Stone and Shingle 10,000 sq ft estate is ideally located on park like 4.72 acres in prestigious location in Westfield! This breathtaking home has everything you ever dreamed of! Renovated to perfection…fabulous for entertaining…A huge gourmet eat in kitchen, grand dining room, state of the art media room, luxurious master bedroom suite with fireplace, sitting room and gorgeous new Spa-like Master Bath, formal library, guest suite, with grounds that feature extensive stone walls, multi-level slate patios, tennis court, heated in-ground pool, separate in-ground spa, 5 car garage- attached 3-bay & detached 2 bay garages.
- Grand Entrance Hall: with original random-width wide plank, pegged oak flooring, original carved moldings, columns, wainscoting, chair rail moldings, and doors.
- Living Room: with brass chandelier and custom lighting, gas fireplace with original mantel and hearthstone, and access to upper patio with views of the incredible property.
- Library: with original pine-wood paneling, large deep floor-to-ceiling window boxes.
- Powder Room
- “Walk-through” from living room to dining room with bay window, divided glass view to stairway.
- Dining Room: with original silver and crystal chandelier, silver sconces, flanking bay windows, and large deep floor-to-ceiling window boxes.
- Gorgeous Gourmet Eat-in Kitchen: with carved and stained cabinetry , some with glass display cases with lighting, stone counter workspaces, tumbled marble backsplash. A granite center island, bar with retractable LCD TV on Auton lift, SubZero refrigerator/freezer, 2 Bosch dishwashers, water fixtures, gas double-hung ovens, Dacor gas cooktop. Breakfast Area open to 3 sides, bay window, copper roof with 4 large skylights, French doors exit to upper patio, custom A/V cabinet, flat screen TV, concealed speakers and concealed in-floor sub-woofer.
- Butler’s Pantry: with additional full-size SubZero appliances (refrigerator, freezer, ice machine), concealed washer/dryer, center island stone workspaces, custom cabinets, and walk-in pantry.
- Bathroom 1: tumbled marble floor, Villeroy & Boch tile. Close to poolside entrance perfect for post-pool shower and changing room.
- Pool-side Patio: near pool-side entrance with Thermador natural gas barbecue set in granite/bluestone surround.
- Family/Media Room: custom-built, Carlisle oiled-cherry wide plank floor with natural slate surround, 11’ coffered ceiling with Lutron-controlled halogen lighting. High end electronics including a 50” flat screen television that retracts into the floor via remote-controlled lift. These state-of-the-art electronics are supported by a separate concrete sub-foundation and the deep excavated foundation allows for extra storage and conceals equipment. 5.1 surround-audio speakers/sub for video system are concealed in walls. The concealed wiring supports operate 7.2 surround audio system. Custom birds-eye maple/cherry cabinets for A/V equipment and media storage. Gas fireplace with granite surround and custom cherry and glass mantel. Remote motorized curtains for light control and specialized sound-absorbing insulation in ceiling/walls create the perfect media viewing experience. Separate heating/AC zone, separate electric panel, and in-floor electrical outlets. Bar with sink inset in floating-glass countertop, slate and glass tile backsplash, and refrigerator. Divided-glass French doors exits to lower patio and pool. Another set of French doors lead to a sun-filled garden room.
- Garden Room: fully glassed-in provides views of the exquisite grounds and pool. Divided glass French door provides access to spectacular rear gardens.
- Stark wool carpet covers the grand staircase, hallways, and second level landing.
- The Luxurious Master Suite encompasses an entire wing of the 2nd level and provides views of 3 exposures: East, South, and West. The large Master Bedroom with Stark wool carpet, sitting area, gas replace with the original mantle and hearth. Large Sitting Room with windows on 3-sides overlooking gardens, pool, and pond. French doors open to balcony with wrought-iron railing, oak floor, and wet bar with sink inset in quartz countertop, refrigerator, and custom built-in cabinets, closets, and a cushioned window box.
- Two New His & Hers Spa-like Master Bathrooms (2015). His: Light fixture and mirror over sink set in quartz countertop over custom vanity, wide plank hardwood floor, oversized shower, heated towel rack, Toto commode. Hers: Mirror flanked by a pair of sconces over sink set in quartz countertop over custom vanity, new window, soaking tub. Both with new custom walk-in closets and speakers for sound system. New mahogany cabinets and doors (2015). New pex lines (2015) for all water and instant-on hot water supplies to Master Bathrooms.
- Bedrooms 2-4 located in the center of the residence share 2 full en suite jack-and-jill bathrooms, Bathrooms 3-4, enabling flexible and lockable configurations for family and guests. All 3 bedrooms have south-facing views over the rear yard and pool and patios. Each bedroom has a large walk-in closet. One of the bedrooms is currently used as an office/lounge and has extensive custom cabinetry for opposing desks, computers, printers, storage, book cases, a wall-mounted 65” 4-K LCD TV with built-in 5.1-surround sound, and a closet to store electronics on Atlantic rack.
- Bedrooms 5-6 located on the side of the residence share Bathroom 5 (currently configured as a separate staff apartment with bedroom and living room). Back stairs lead to kitchen. These bedrooms are on a separate heating/cooling zone.
- Bedrooms 7-8 each with ensuite full bathroom, Bathrooms 6-7 and walk-in closets. These bedrooms are on a separate heating/cooling zone.
- Attic provides an abundance of storage space, a walk-in cedar closet, and south-facing dormer windows provide views of rear of property and natural sunlight.
- Finished lower level has recreation and game room, home theater, wine-cellar, powder room, additional washer/dryer, and access to mechanicals, electric, internet, satellite, cable, and security.
- Recreation/Game Room with 2 flanking wood-burning fireplaces, exposed brick, original doors and paneling. Currently used as a billiards room, home gym, and lounging area.
- Adjacent bar with sink inset in stone countertop, dishwasher, refrigerator, ice-machine, built-in microwave, and custom cabinets.
- Custom Home Theater designed and installed by Electronics Design Group with insulation for sound absorption, doubt studs and rafters. Proscenium with fixed Stewart lm screen (106”) with auto-masking for screen sizing, motorized curtain and concealed section for center/subs. Thiel Powerpoint surround speakers, ceiling-mounted, for 7.2 audio. Separate closet for A/V equipment. Platform theater recliner with granite wedges and in-seat control panel with inputs and controls for computer and game controllers. Wilson speakers: NIC.
- Powder Room 2 and Bathroom 8 with shower.
- Interior doors repainted and all door hardware polished, and all door hinges replaced 2013
- All utilities (gas/electric) underground from street (no utility poles on property)
- Two high capacity gas hot water heaters ensure uninterrupted supply
- New Pex lines (2015) for all water and instant-on hot water supplies to Master Bath and both 3rd floor bathrooms
- Six-zone central air and forced air heating
- Central in-wall vacuum system
- In-wall wiring: coax (Comcast HD-cable); separate satellite coax; CAT-5 (FIOS, etc); Ethernet (selected locations); HDMI 1.2 (office)
- Trench to street carries underground coax, phone, FIOS, fiber, dark fiber
- 25’ FM/analog antenna to detached garage, underground wiring
- 4-zone wi-fi provides complete coverage for interior and upper patio
- Entire home wired for sound system featuring in-wall/ceiling flush-mount and exterior speakers; in-room volume controls; CD, AM/FM, streaming internet sources
- State-of-the-art Central Security linked to digital phone system/ intercom
- Exterior of the central core shingles (shingles, dormers, window exteriors) plus selected areas of the attached garage and equipment spaces painted 2014
- Vermont slate roof with custom copper flashing, leaders, and gutters (2004)
- New copper-topped cupola (2014)
- Copper roofing installed on two front entryways, conservatory, breakfast room, and bay windows
- Private well used for irrigation, swimming pool & spa.
- Duck and koi pond
- In-ground heated pool with separate children’s swim-out area, in lower patio (replastered/retiled 2010)
- In-ground all-weather spa with stone waterfall in upper patio (replastered/retiled 2010 and non-chlorine water purification system installed 2011)
- Jandy wireless remote controls for pool/spa systems
- Slate upper and lower patios, bluestone surrounds for pool, spa, and wall tops; and Pennsylvania fieldstone, mica, and granite walls match façade of house.
- Ten-zone exterior Control4 auto-controlled lighting
- Approximately 35-zone in-ground sprinkler system with dripwatering of specimen plants
- Tennis court surrounded by planted r trees for privacy and noise control completely renovated by Deshayes Dream Courts, including custom composite surface, new poles, nets, fence, windscreens, practice backboard; landscaped cedar-fencing facing concrete retainer wall (2010)