Gorgeous, impeccably maintained 5 bedroom 4.1 bath Colonial in an ideal location on over 1/2 acre of level property in the heart of Old Short Hills, walking distance to top ranked Hartshorn Elementary School (0.4 miles) & the Short Hills Train Station (0.9 miles). This spectacular sun-filled home features a gourmet eat-in kitchen with St Charles cabinetry, high end stainless steel appliances including a GE Monogram double oven (new in 2018), GE Monogram refrigerator/freezer (new in 2018) and Bosch dishwasher (new in 2020), black granite countertops, stainless steel backsplash and center island with 4 burner cooktop. Living room with wood-burning fireplace and French doors that open to bluestone patio and totally level property. Huge Office / Family room with vaulted beamed ceiling, wall of custom built-ins, exposed brick wall and speakers for sound system. Primary bedroom on the 2nd floor with 4 closets and new spa-like primary bath with Steam Mist steam shower, Toto commode and double sinks. 4 additional bedrooms on the 2nd floor, 2 en suite (one of which has separate, private backstairs) and 2 that share a new bath with shower over Jacuzzi, subway tile and Toto commode. Conveniently located second level laundry room. Beautifully finished Lower Level with large recreation room with new custom built-in entertainment center, laundry room with convenient folding table, utility room and backstairs from the garage for convenience. Terrific amenities include Slate roof, all new Weathershield and Andersen windows throughout, 2 new baths, beautifully finished hardwood floors, new AC (2016), new gas hot water heater (2020), hook-up for generator, copper roof over bay window, French drains & more. Convenient side entrance with bluestone walkway and beautiful stone wall. Totally level property, including the newly surfaced driveway with an in-ground basketball hoop. Bus service available to Hartshorn Elementary, Millburn Middle and High Schools.
Gracious Entrance Hall: new light fixture, coat closet, hardwood floor.
Living Room: wood-burning fireplace flanked by sconces and wired for flat screen TV, recessed lights, speakers for sound system, new French doors open to bluestone patio and totally level property.
Huge Office: vaulted beamed ceiling, wall of custom built-ins, exposed brick wall, speakers for sound system.
Dining Room: chandelier, sliding glass doors open to bluestone patio.
Gourmet Eat-in Kitchen: GE Monogram refrigerator/freezer (new in 2018), GE Monogram double oven (new in 2018), Jenn Air grill, Bosch dishwasher (new in 2020), GE Monogram microwave, recessed lights, St Charles cabinetry, black granite countertops and stainless steel backsplash, center island with 4 burner cooktop.
Primary Bedroom: 3 new thermal windows, 2 brass sconces, wired for flat screen TV, 4 closets, built-in drawers.
New Primary Spa-like Bath: Steam Mist steam shower, marble countertops, custom cabinetry, Toto commode, double sinks.
Bedroom 2: closet, 4 windows, recessed lighting, private separate staircase.
En Suite Bath: shower, custom shelves & drawers.
Bedroom 3: 2 closets, 2 windows, ceiling fan, recessed lighting.
En Suite Bath: shower, 2 sconces flank medicine chest, floor to ceiling tile, Toto commode, storage closet.
Bedroom 4: 5 windows offering incredible natural light, closet, built-in bookshelf.
New Hall Bath: marble, shower over Bain Ultra Jacuzzi tub, subway tile, Toto commode, 2 sconces flank mirror.
Bedroom 5: custom window seat with storage, 2 French door closets plus an additional closet, 2 new thermal windows with shades, ceiling fan, recessed lights with dimmer.
Second Laundry Room: Electrolux Perfect Balance Front Load Washer/Dryer (white), stackable (2011).
Beautifully FinishedLower Level
Recreation Room: with new custom built-in entertainment center.
Laundry Room: Maytag Neptune Front Loaders (Large) Washer/Dryer (white), convenient folding table.
- Slate roof
- Copper roof over bay window
- All new Weathershield & Andersen windows throughout – great natural light
- 2 new baths
- New side door with bluestone walkway and beautiful stone wall
- Laundry rooms on second floor & lower level
- Hook-up for generator
- Separate, private backstairs to En Suite Bedroom 2
- French drains & new sump pump (& new water powered sump backup)
- New sewer line (2021)
- New added clean out (2021)
- New bluestone path in backyard (2020)
- Speakers for sound system inside & outside of the home
- Beautiful Landscaping – Landscape Design Company, and professional trimming & pruning every season
- All new sconces for the exterior lighting
- Newly surfaced driveway, 2020 – Driveway is totally level, with an in-ground basketball hoop
- Newly epoxy surface, garage floor, 2021
- Carrier Furnace, AC in 1st floor (new in 2009), AC in 2nd floor (new in 2016)
- 48 gallon Bradford White gas hot water heater (new in 2020)
- Culligan water softener, Medalist Series “8” (2020)
- New electrical panel & designated generator breaker panel (2020)
- New hardwood floors upstairs
- New banister & railing
- Honeywell programmable Digital thermostat (new in 2016)
- State of the art alarm system with multiple noise/glass break motion sensors, water sensors, and ability to alarm while in the home
- Bus service available to Hartshorn Elementary, Millburn Middle & High Schools
Find Out More
- BEDS: 5
- BATHS: 4.1
- PRICE: $2,198,000
- Pre School Information
- Elementary School Information
- Middle School Information
- High School Information
Fastest travel times shown
- Holland Tunnel: 28 mins
- Newark (EWR): 45 mins
- Penn Station: 73 mins
- Hoboken: 91 mins